Mother’s Day is fast approaching. If you are planning a special brunch, this citrus syrup is delicious with your favorite waffle or pancake recipe. The orange and tangerine essential oils enhance the flavor to make a delicious treat for the family as they gather to celebrate.
Tangerine Orange Syrup
- Juice of 2 Cara Cara oranges (approx. 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 4 drops orange essential oil
- 6 drops tangerine essential oil
- Combine orange juice and agave nectar in a small saucepan.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture boils, continue stirring for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- Add essential oil, and stir to combine.
- Transfer syrup to a glass jar for storing, or serve immediately over your favorite pancakes or waffles.