Most people would agree that chocolate is an essential for Valentines Day. Creating your own chocolates for yourself or your sweetheart is fun and easy.
- Just melt a bag organic chocolate chips. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil and stir in.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to give it a delicious and healthy kick.
- Spoon over your favorite nuts on wax paper or pour into fun shaped candy molds.
- Let cool. Then enjoy!
Some of the best essential oils to couple with chocolate are:
- Peppermint: there is nothing like that combination of rich, dark chocolate with the fresh crispness of peppermint.(Peppermint works best with dark chocolate.)
- Orange: orange and chocolate are of course a match made in heaven. (Tangerine is equally delicious.)
- Lemon: brings a bright and tangy flavor to chocolate.
- Lime: this works well with both dark and white chocolate. I recently made some lime-flavoured white chocolate truffles dipped in dark chocolate – they were pretty damn good!
- Bergamot: this oil is from the same plant as earl grey tea.
- Lemongrass: adds an unexpected and pleasant zing. It’s strong, so don’t add too much.
- Cardomom: is a classic partner for chocolate.
- Ginger: is delicious in chocolate is ginger with a dash of cinnamon powder.
Chocolates make a great gift any time of year. Chocolates made with essential oil have a gourmet, special flavor with added health benefits!