Add a little citrus twist to your water, and enjoy the uplifting flavor! Simply add a drop of lemon and/or orange essential oil to 8–20 oz. of water. You can even add a couple slices of fresh citrus fruit if desired. Need an essential oil–safe water bottle? Get one at Abundant Health™!
This all-natural cleaner will leave your wood surfaces clean and glowing.
Natural Wood Cleaner
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Pour jojoba oil and vinegar into the spray bottle.
- Add the essential oil, put on lid, and shake well.
- Spray onto a microfiber cloth, and wipe wood surfaces until they shine!
Use often to keep your wood looking shiny and to protect it from damage.
Though the thought of adding rosemary to your water may not seem intuitive, this lemon rosemary water is actually quite delightful! To make it, simply add a sprig of fresh rosemary to your water along with a drop of lemon essential oil.
Use an essential oil–safe water bottle so you can carry your flavored water with you wherever you go!
Making banana sushi is a great way to have some fun during snack time! Give yourself a chance to get creative and practice your chopstick skills while eating a healthy treat! There are countless flavor combinations, so feel free to experiment and find out what you like best.
Banana Sushi with Essential Oils
- Essential oils safe for consumption (such as lemon, lime, orange, cinnamon, cardamom, etc.)
- Sticky substance (such as peanut butter, melted chocolate, yogurt, whipped cream, jam, chocolate-hazelnut spread, etc.)
- Toppings (such as chocolate chips, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, chia seeds, nuts, berries, etc.)
- Dipping “sauce” (such as melted chocolate, yogurt, chia seeds, etc.) (optional)
- Peel each banana.
- Mix 1 drop (or 1–2 toothpicks) of essential oil with 2–3 Tbsp. (30–45 ml) of your sticky substance. Taste, and add more essential oil if desired.
- Spread your sticky substance over the top of the banana lengthwise.
- Sprinkle on your desired toppings.
- Freeze for 30–60 minutes, if desired.
- Slice the banana with a sharp knife.
- Use chopsticks to pick up banana slices and dip in your “sauce.”
Possible Flavor Combinations:
- Peanut butter with 1 toothpick of cinnamon essential oil • chocolate chips • coconut flakes
- Plain yogurt with 1 drop of lemon essential oil • blueberries • chia seeds
- Melted white chocolate with 1 drop of lime essential oil • raspberries • cashews
- Melted dark chocolate with 1 toothpick of cardamom essential oil • chopped pistachios • chia seeds or coconut flakes
- Peanut butter • melted dark chocolate with 1 drop orange essential oil drizzled on top • sesame seeds or coconut flakes
- Plain yogurt with 1 drop of lemon essential oil • jam of choice • chia seeds
- Chocolate-hazelnut spread with 1 drop of orange essential oil • coconut flakes • chopped nuts
- Whipped cream with 1 drop of lemon essential oil • strawberry or peach slices • chia seeds or chopped nuts
This is the perfect sweet and tangy beverage for a hot summer day!
Summer Citrus Cooler
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Juice of 6 lemons
- Juice of 6 limes
- Juice of 6 oranges
- 2 quarts (~2 liters) cold water
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops tangerine essential oil
- 2 drops bergamot essential oil
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) raw organic agave nectar
- Mint leaves and sliced citrus fruits for garnish
- Mason Jar Mugs
- Stainless Steel Straws
- Combine the fresh juices and the water in a large pitcher.
- Add the essential oil and agave.
- Pour into glasses with ice, and garnish with mint leaves and sliced citrus fruits.
Floating mint leaves and sliced citrus fruits in the serving pitcher will add flavor and make the drink look extra appealing.
Are you all out of barbecue sauce and need something simple in a pinch? Or maybe you just want to know exactly what ingredients are going into your sauces and would like to have more control over that. Either way, this barbecue sauce is a breeze to make and is incredibly tasty. Add the benefits of essential oils, and you have a perfect addition to your summer barbecue.
Simple & Delicious BBQ Sauce
- 15 oz. (425 g) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. (23 ml) mustard
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) hickory liquid smoke
- 1/2 Tbsp. (about 7 g) sea salt
- 1 tsp. (3 g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp. (2.5 g) onion powder
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (65 g) brown sugar
- 2–3 drops black pepper essential oil
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- If you have a high-speed blender, use the soup setting, and it will heat and blend your sauce at the same time.
- If you have a regular blender, blend on high for a minute; then transfer contents to a saucepan, and heat thoroughly.
- Serve in your favorite dishes calling for barbecue sauce.
Are you looking for a great oil blend to diffuse in your home or car this summer? Give this one a try! If you are lacking a diffuser, head over to abundanthealth4u.com to find just what you need.
No matter how hard we try, clothes always seem to stain—especially with children! Here’s an easy stain-fighting recipe that utilizes an essential oil we all love. Using this recipe, you can ensure that you are using safe products on your clothes while getting the tough jobs done.
Laundry Spot Remover
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Pour all ingredients into the glass spray bottle; shake to combine.
- Spray mixture liberally on spots and stains.
- Lightly rub the mixture into the fabric with your fingertips.
- Soak the article of clothing for a couple hours or overnight before throwing in the washer.
Note: Like most stain removers, this works best if the stain is treated immediately. We haven’t had much luck using this on stains that were previously washed, but it’s always worth a try!
Source: inspired by http://lifeispoppin.com/laundry-spot-remover-using-lemon-oil/
Try this dressing over a fresh summer salad, or use it as a chicken marinade before grilling!
Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. (3 g) mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. (0.8 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. (1.5 g) salt
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Add all ingredients to a BlenderBottle®, and shake to combine.
- Serve over a fresh green salad, or use as a chicken marinade.
Kids’ toys are notorious for having lots of germs! Not only are they constantly being dropped on the floor, but because babies and toddlers like to put things in their mouths, germs seem to be ever-present on toys. If you are concerned about keeping your kids’ toys cleaned, give this Toy Cleaning Spray a try!
Toy Cleaning Spray
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Fill the 4 oz. spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide. Add the lemon essential oil. Screw the lid on, and shake to combine.
- To use, spray the toys thoroughly. Let sit for a few minutes, then wipe dry with a clean cloth.
Note: Hydrogen peroxide can lose its effectiveness if exposed to sunlight. It is best to store your Toy Cleaning Spray in a container that will protect it from sun exposure.