Boost your energy with these tropical-flavored snack bites! You are sure to love them not only because they are incredibly delicious and healthy, but also because they are so easy to make.
Coconut Lime Energy Bites
- 2/3 cup (62 g) shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup (71 g) almonds
- 1/4 cup (28 g) cashews
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (about 10 dates)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 2 drops lime essential oil
- Pulse 1/3 cup (31 g) shredded coconut a few times in a food processor to get a finer texture for rolling. Place finely shredded coconut on a plate for using later.
- Add almonds to the food processor, and pulse until roughly chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients, and pulse until it reaches a cookie dough consistency and the ingredients are combined thoroughly.
- Roll dough into bite-sized balls with your hands, and then roll the balls in the finely shredded coconut to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.